SCO OpenServer, egcs & Kaffe

Oleg Yurkivskyy oleg at coolavin.com
Wed Dec 15 08:45:53 PST 1999

Godmar Back wrote:

>  Hi Oleg,
>
> I believe your problems do not affect exception handling in general,
> but only the handling of null pointer exceptions in hardware
> via signal handlers.

This is correct.

> You need to investigate how SCO Unix passes the signal context
> to the signal handler and fix kaffe accordingly.

I can do it in nearest future.

> If that fails, you could try using software null pointer checks
> in the jit. (CHECK_NULL macro)

CHECK_NULL macro works well.Thanks.

And I have one more question.
I am trying to run our RMI application on SCO OpenServer under Kaffe
JVM.
As you know, support for RMI in Kaffe is limited.
I need some kind of workaround for following code fragment:

    /**
     * RMI Registry object, used by ListenServer to lookup and bind
     * iListenServer interface implementation
     */
    protected static Registry     registry;
    public static ListenServer    listener = null;

       registry = LocateRegistry.createRegistry(1099);

       listener = new ListenServer();

       Naming.bind(ServerName, listener);

This code fragment cause the following exception:
kaffe.util.NotImplemented
 at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:33)
 at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:17)
 at kaffe.util.NotImplemented.<init>(NotImplemented.java:18)
 at
java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry.createRegistry(LocateRegistry.java:52)
 at
java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry.createRegistry(LocateRegistry.java:48)
 at com.coolavin.vulcan.ListenServer.main(ListenServer.java:122)

The problem is with LocateRegistry class, it currently not implemented.
How can I  change my source to fix this problem?
I found class kaffe/rmi/registry/RegistryImpl.java, how can I use it
correctly?

Is there anywhere example of using Java RMI (version 1.1 & 1.2) with
Kaffe?

>        - Godmar

Thanks.Oleg.