Serialization patch and question

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Wed Feb 3 09:54:40 PST 1999

> Before I start working on this, is there any chance of using default
> Object.equals() and Object.hashCode() methods on an object of a derived
> class, which redefines them as something else, besides "going native"?

I am not sure I understand everything you say, but there is
System.identityHashCode(Object o), which return the hashcode that would
be returned if Object.hashCode() is not overridden.

In Kaffe, it returns the address of the object --- which opens a whole
new can of worms once we'll use moving collectors.

	- Godmar