pb with Socket methods and JAR(?)

Pierre Volcke p.volcke at gr.opengroup.org
Thu Feb 4 04:22:54 PST 1999

Hello there,

 1/
 I've just installed the Kaffe VM V1.0Beta3  and I get the following
error message in the Netscape browser when using sockets :

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
java/net/Socket.getLocalAddress()Ljava/net/InetAddress;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
java/net/Socket.getLocalAddress()Ljava/net/InetAddress;

... but it seems that this method *is* implemented in the kaffe source
code.
 (so, the NoSuchMethodError is a bit surprising!)

  has anyone already met that problem?

 2/
 It looks like Kaffe can't find all my files in a JAR file (it will find

all class files but for example, it won't find the  META-INF directory
used for mailcap - but of course  will find it if I extract it)  -
anyone has a suggestion?

 thanks
[Pierre]