How about internationalization in Kaffe?

Archie Cobbs archie at whistle.com
Thu Feb 4 10:28:08 PST 1999

Vitaly Yermolenko writes:
>     Could anyone advice me (if it's possible, in the source code) how to
> make
> support, for instance, russian language in the Kaffe?
>     Is it possible?
>     Does Kaffe support unicode characters?

Kaffe supports unicode in the most basic way -- ie, characters
are really 16 bit quantities and Unicode string constants are
handled correctly.

However, you'll probably find that many of the java.lang.Character
methods are not aware of what the non-western letters are, etc.

Another question: do you have access to a Unicode font?

-Archie