pb with Socket methods and JAR(?)

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Thu Feb 4 10:49:07 PST 1999

> Pierre Volcke writes:
> >  1/
> >  I've just installed the Kaffe VM V1.0Beta3  and I get the following
> > error message in the Netscape browser when using sockets :
> >
> > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> > java/net/Socket.getLocalAddress()Ljava/net/InetAddress;
> > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> > java/net/Socket.getLocalAddress()Ljava/net/InetAddress;
> >
> > .. but it seems that this method *is* implemented in the kaffe source
> > code.
> >  (so, the NoSuchMethodError is a bit surprising!)
> >
> >   has anyone already met that problem?
> >
> >  2/
> >  It looks like Kaffe can't find all my files in a JAR file (it will find
> >
> > all class files but for example, it won't find the  META-INF directory
> > used for mailcap - but of course  will find it if I extract it)  -
> > anyone has a suggestion?
>
> Several bugs have been fixed since 1.0b3, so please try
> upgrading to the latest CVS repository version if possible.

Socket.getLocalAddress() still hasn't been put in since it was
accidentally killed by a CVS merge.

For the second problem, if you use getResourceAsStream("/META-INF")
or some such to find stuff in the jar files in your classpath, this was
fixed yesterday.

If you use java.util.zip, it's still broken.
We really need to fix the java.util.zip stuff.

	- Godmar