[Kaffe] problem while runing any java program on SUN / Solari s 2 .5.1

Philippe Emeriau philippe.emeriau at sophia.siemens-scg.com
Wed Feb 10 06:28:50 PST 1999

Once again it's me with my problems !
With the kaffe-snap.tar.gz file available on the Web site, the situation is
worse :

- while unpacking the tar file, I have many errors like this :

tar: kaffe-snap/ChangeLog - cannot create

So it seems that many files are not created !

- while using configure, I have also :

checking for a BSD compatible install... /opt/gnu_tools/bin/ginstall -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for executable suffix... no
configure: error: Configuration sparc-solaris2.5.1 not supported

Sorry to be boring !!!
Many thanks for any help ...
Cheers
Philippe Emeriau.