[Kaffe] can the classpath project be used with Kaffe.

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Wed Feb 10 10:12:10 PST 1999

> On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Archie Cobbs wrote:
>
> > Re: GPL discussion..
> >
> > Very interesting.. would it be possible at the end of all this to
> > put whatever subset of this discussion is not disputed into a FAQ?
> > Seems like there are lots of subtleties, but only some of them are
> > hotly contested.
>
> Actually, I've been planning to do this for a while - write a general GPL
> FAQ.  I have a friend who's a copyright lawyer, and I was going to get him
> to look it over too.

Another alternative would be not use the GPL or LGPL.  Doing so would
avoid convoluting licensing issues specific to Kaffe with issues
that apply to the GPL/LGPL in general (about the latter I for one don't
care).  A specific license could do a better job outlining the specific
intentions of the copyright holders.  However, doing so would require
some legal resources.

	- Godmar