[Kaffe] java.io.File(Input|Output)Stream question.

Tony Kimball alk at pobox.com
Thu Feb 11 16:31:43 PST 1999

Quoth Moses DeJong on Thu, 11 February:
: A file output stream raises an IOException if the file can not be
: found but a file input stream raises a FileNotFoundException. What
: is going on here? Is this yet another example of a Sun screw-up that
: we need to provide a "compatible" implementation of? This also messes
: up the FileReader and FileWriter classes. Any thoughts?

A FileNotFoundException *is* an IOException.  You can return a
FileNotFoundException in both cases compatibly, I think.