[Kaffe] jar utility is ready!

Moses DeJong dejong at cs.umn.edu
Mon Feb 15 13:17:36 PST 1999

Hello all.

I have been working on a implementation of the JDK1.2 jar utility
for a couple of days now and I think it is "Ready for prime time".
My implementation is not 100% done but almost everything works
so I thought others might want to take a look at it. It uses some
JDK1.2 features from the java.util.jar package so I have implemented
some stubs for those classes. The Jar utility will compile under Kaffe
from the current CVS (you also need the jar and HashMap classes that
I am sending unless they are already in the CVS by the time you try it.).
These are also some regression test cases in the file test.tcl.
The jar util passes all the test cases under JDK1.2 from Sun but it
does not seem to extract or list directories under Kaffe yet. I am
still looking into the problems running the jar util under Kaffe but
I have not found the cause as yet. The code is attached to this email
in a file called jar.tgz.

later
mo dejong
dejong at cs.umn.edu