Announce: using the Jigsaw http implementation with Kaffe

Stephen Crane jscrane at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Feb 17 15:18:45 PST 1999

I've created a couple of JARs containing the Jigsaw http implementation
(see http://rpmfind.net/tools/Kaffe/messages/4189.html) and some patches
to make it work with Kaffe-1.0b3.  (Thanks to Daniel Veillard for
pointing me towards Jigsaw: I really didn't want to write all this
myself.)

Download the JARs from http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~jscrane; put them in
your CLASSPATH before Klasses.jar.

Note, I am aware of at least one bug in this implementation: a race
when connecting to multiple URLs at once.  I am unsure whether this
is a Kaffe or a Jigsaw problem: I haven't had time to download a recent
snapshot.

Have fun,
Steve