Compiler Source

Edwin Foo efoo at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 19 05:45:34 PST 1999

>PolyJ:
>
>http://www.pmg.lcs.mit.edu/polyj/

As a MIT student who has seen undergraduate students suffer under this
compiler in our software engineering classes, _please_ don't use this one.
=) It was the cause of no end of headaches and many late nights with
coffee. If you look at http://www.pmg.lcs.mit.edu/polyj/bugs.html you'll
see what I mean.

If polyj stabilizes and is less crash-prone it could well be a very cool
compiler, although I can't say that I personally think that Java needs
parameterized types either.

-Edwin

Edwin Foo        | MIT Computer Science - BS '98, MEng. '99
efoo at mit.edu     | Compaq Computer Corp. - Cambridge Research Lab
(617) 225-9715   | MIT Residential Computing Consultant (RCC) Developer
                 | MIT 6.270 - http://web.mit.edu/6.270
       "Love must be sincere; Hate what is evil; cling to what is good."
http://hesed.mit.edu/~efoo                       - Romans 12:9 <><