Illegal C in kaffe 1.0.b3

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Wed Jan 6 09:54:57 PST 1999

 Pere,

 The second problem with stdlib.h should be fixed in the current snapshot.
If you have to compile with the native compiler, the proper fix for the first
one would be something like

#ifdef __GNUC__
	double align[0];
#elif SOME_CONSTANT_DEFINED_BY_IRIX_NATIVE_C_COMPILER
#pragma_or_other_magic_to	TELL_IRIX_TO_ALIGN_TO_A_DOUBLE_WORD_BOUNDARY
#else
#error If you don't use gcc, tell me how to double word align.
#endif

Do you know what SOME_CONSTANT_DEFINED_BY_IRIX_NATIVE_C_COMPILER and
TELL_IRIX_TO_ALIGN_TO_A_DOUBLE_WORD_BOUNDARY could be?

Also, I don't know off-hand if the alignment is needed in all cases---
it may not be needed for the interpreter; so in this case it would actually
be okay for you to omit the double altogether instead of wasting 8 bytes.

Let us know what you find out, if anything.

	- Godmar