portability questions

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Sun Jan 10 13:23:23 PST 1999

Mihai Surdeanu <mihai at seas.smu.edu> wrote:

>> checking for X... ./configure: conftestdir: does not exist

>> "conftestdir" is there. I used today's snapshot. Any help would be
>> appreciated.

This is part of the AC_PATH_XTRA autoconf macro.  I don't understand
why it's breaking on you.  Can you get more details, maybe from
config.log?

On Jan  9, 1999, Godmar Back <gback at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

>  Kaffe's current CVS repository is utterly broken, due to the ongoing
> conversion to automake.   Alexandre is working on fixing things.

Even people who don't have up-to-date autoconf and automake should now
be able to build, after `cvs update -d' and a new run of configure.
I've inserted a temporary hack for version checking until we can get
this into automake itself.  Sorry about all the mess.

--
Alexandre Oliva  http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva  aoliva@{acm.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}