PalmIII Port ?

Jean-Baptiste Bugeaud jbbugeau at club-internet.fr
Mon Jan 11 03:36:00 PST 1999

Thanks for answer.

What i can't understand for GhostVM is that it doesn't seem to be a VM !
a VM is supposed to run on a platform and translate bytecode into native
machine code.
i may be wrong but Ghost seem only to allow connection to remove VM (what
they call Ghost Server) that run on a PC computer.
if this is right, it sound very bad.

I'm personnaly interested in porting a "real" VM for the PalmOS, because i
do think such a portable device will be very interresting !

As i'm a newby to kaffe, i've got some questions that stick me ...

what is required to port kaffe to a VM ?
ie, what file (Headers ,C, ...) should i own/write?
how link to the native GUI or Port GRX ?

What i know about PalmIII is that there is a GCC for it !

-
JB.