Error msg "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main"

loh york hong, brennon cwclohyh at nus.edu.sg
Thu Jan 14 17:12:53 PST 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Parmelan, Edouard <EP510777 at exchange.FRANCE.NCR.com>
To: 'kaffe at rufus.w3.org' <kaffe at rufus.w3.org>
Date: 14 January 1999 18:02
Subject: RE: Error msg "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main"

thanx for such a prompt reply :)
pls help again !!
>Ioh,
>
>> I have installed kaffe (v1.0.b3-3 from Trnsvirtual site) onto my
>> Pentium running Linux (RedHat v5.2)
>>
>> everytime I compile (no problem) and run my Java applications
>> I encounter these error messages, pls help
>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main
>>     at java/lang/Throwable.<init>(37)
>>     at java/lang/Error.<init>(21)
>>     at java/lang/LinkageError.<init>(21)
>>     at java/lang/IncompatibleClassChangeError.<init>(21)
>>     at java/lang/NoSuchMethodError.<init>(21)
>
>Have you run "make test" ?
no I did not do the make test
What I did was copied the Calc.java file to another dir
compile this with "javac Calc.java". (no compilant from compiler)
I get the class "Calc.class"
run the appl with "kaffe Calc"

>what is the value of CLASSPATH ?

No I did not; I dont think I know how or where
to set this !!??

>How did you start your Java application ?

run the appl with "kaffe Calc" and these r what I got

   Library load fail: libpng.so.0: cannot open shared object
   file: No Such file or directory
   java.lang.ExceptionInitializerError: "some garbage char here"
       at java/lang/Throwable.<init>(37)
       at java/lang/Error.<init>(21)
       at java/lang/LinkageError.<init>(21)
       at java/lang/ExceptionInitializerError.<init>(21)