Kaffe tests (was: Compiling kaffe-1.0.b3)

Bharat Bedia bharat_bedia at CommerzbankZGE.com
Fri Jan 15 01:37:41 PST 1999

Originally I used "make" which came with Solaris - this didn't work for me.
As suggested I then used GNU make (gmake) and everything built without error
on my Solaris box. Thanks.

In the test directory, all the tests under the "test" action passed, but all
the tests in the "testthreads" action failed.

Also in the test/awt directory, when I tried to run any of the awt examples
(eg. WidgetsDemo) I get a blank window which does not display any widgets.
Also I get the following error output:-

gendevfs1> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/u/bediab/kaffe-1.0.b3/lib:/usr/local/X/lib
gendevfs1> which kaffe
/u/bediab/kaffe-1.0.b3/bin/kaffe
gendevfs1> kaffe WidgetsDemo
illegal Graphics target: 1282797040
illegal Graphics target: -4
illegal Graphics target: 3904016
illegal Graphics target: 8747928
illegal Graphics target: 3904016
illegal Graphics target: -268442824
illegal Graphics target: -281650988
illegal Graphics target: 2080
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java/awt/NativeGraphics.drawImgScaled(294)
        at java/awt/NativeGraphics.drawImage(267)
        at WidgetsDemo.paint(388)
        at java/awt/Window.update(304)
        at java/awt/PaintEvt.dispatch(38)
        at java/awt/EventDispatchThread.run(38)
illegal Graphics target: 8467784
illegal Graphics target: 7204960

The "illegal Graphics target" appear as the mouse scans across the blank
window.

What am I doing wrong ?

cheers,

Bharat