Why does Kaffe core dump with an UnsatisfiedLinkError

Moses DeJong dejong at cs.umn.edu
Fri Jan 15 16:20:00 PST 1999

I got this error message when I ran Kaffe out of the CVS today.

mo(/tmp/mo/tcljava1.1b1/bugs)% javac MethodBug.java
Internal error.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
Exception thrown was of type `java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError'
Message was `Failed to locate native function:  java/lang/Throwable.fillInStackTrace()Ljava/lang/Throwable;'
Abort (core dumped)

I was able to run Kaffe just a few days ago. All my env vars are
set up the exact same way. What changed? I looked in the ChangeLog
but the only thing I saw that might be related was about a
"NULL argument to lt_dlpreload_default()". Did that have
something to do with it? Any help would be great.

Mo DeJong
dejong at cs.umn.edu