BeOS port questions

Nicholas Clarey nclarey at zip.com.au
Sat Jan 16 16:48:39 PST 1999

Howdy all,

I'm currently working away on a BeOS port of kaffe. It's now building, but
I fear that the hacks I used are going to cause problems. In fact, I would
say they'll definitely cause problems.

Firstly; other than this mailing list, is there a central repository for
FAQs about porting Kaffe? That way I can pare down the list of questions
so I don't look like an idiot for asking the same question that every
other porter has asked.

Secondly; at what stage should I start using CVS for my changes?

Finally (now the fun begins); a subset of my technical questions...

 - Beos has no MSG_PEEK defined for the recvfrom command in
PlainDatagramSocketImpl.c - how bad is this?

 - Beos has no register entries in it's struct sigcontext. This is causing
the exception.c nullException and floatingException to die (no ebp/eip
lines 301, 319). Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Nick C.