make check

Parmelan, Edouard EP510777 at exchange.FRANCE.NCR.com
Mon Jan 18 04:03:20 PST 1999

Alice,

> When I run make check on my red-hat Linux, everything is correct (except
> UDPTest: UDPTest ... output saved to UDPTest.fail) until ExecTest. When
this
>  test arrives, it stops and I must press "control C" to continue.
> TestScript and TestScriptThread : FAIL
I don't know for UDPTest, but for ExecTest I have the same
problem with GNU/Linux.

That's not realy a problem, in fact in test/regression there
are a lot of files know (for each test there is a TEST.out file).

ExecTest run /bin/ls.

The output of /bin/ls is a pipe but ExecTest don't read it, it
just wait for the end of /bin/ls.

But /bin/ls is blocked until it could write again in the pipe :(
As the reader of this pipe don't read it, /bin/ls is blocked for
ever.  This is a deadlock !

Edouard.