Jacob: open source Java OODBMS

Gerhard Paulus gpaulus at stud.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Jan 19 14:03:38 PST 1999

Hi Kaffe folks,

I put the first complete prototype of Jacob on my web site

	http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~gpaulus

It's database cum messaging cum IDE and has all docs, samples and
regression tests. In case you are interested please read overview.txt on
this site.

It would be great if you could test it before you make Kaffe 1.0 b4
available. Most of the samples are started with shell scripts, there is
no java programming involved and testing should be straight forward.  I
tested things with Kaffe 1.0 b3  and (if possible) added some
workarounds with "if (DB.isKaffe)".

You can use the Installer only partially, though, as ZipInputStream is
broken.

Enjoy,
Gerhard