[Kaffe] kaffe's javac produces bad .class files

Moses DeJong dejong at cs.umn.edu
Sun Jan 24 01:57:11 PST 1999

I just noticed that recent CVS builds of kaffe do not compile
classes correctly with javac. I am not able to reproduce this
problem in a small test case but it does happen in a large
set of java classes that I am developing. I did not get this
error in CVS trees from about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know
what could have caused this? I looked around in the ChangeLog
but I did not see anything that was obvious. I can also provide
the source to the classes I am developing if anyone wants to
get an example of the problem in action. It shows up when loading
the class and a "class not found" error is generated. If I
compile the same .java files with jikes or Sun's javac the
files will run just fine under the kaffe JVM. Any ideas?

Mo DeJong
dejong at cs.umn.edu