[Kaffe] bug found and fixed in java.io.File!

Archie Cobbs archie at whistle.com
Tue Jan 26 20:00:29 PST 1999

Moses DeJong writes:
> I ran into a little problem with the java.io.File class in kaffe.
> Here is the test code I wrote to check the java.io.File implementation.

Moses-

Your patches are appreciated but don't exactly implement what's
described in:

  http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/api/index.html

For example, "new File((File)null, (String)name)" should not throw an
NullPointerException unless name == null, whereas this code will:

> public File(File dir, String name) {
>         this(dir.getPath(), name);
> }

I don't know if the spec has changed from 1.1 -> 1.2, but
we generally try to follow the 1.2 specs.

Thanks,
-Archie