[Kaffe] problem with bad libgif link in CVS code

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Wed Jan 27 08:32:18 PST 1999

 Even though there are switches to configure that allow a user
to tell configure where to find certain libraries, I personally
would like to see an exploration mechanism that would find libraries
at places where they are frequently installed.  I think the
autoconf macro that finds out where X is does something similar.
This mechanism could walk through a list of directory candidates to
which we add new ones as we discover them.

	- Godmar