Jigsaw with Kaffe: HELP!

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Sun Jan 31 00:53:11 PST 1999

On Jan 31, 1999, "Vitaly Yermolenko" <vyermolenko at zt.ukrtel.net> wrote:

>> ad 2): java.net.HttpURLConnection is not implemented.  Try using Sun's
>> by appending classes.zip to your classpath.

> I TRIED!

> CLASSPATH=.:/usr/local/share/kaffe:/usr/local/Jigsaw/Jigsaw/classes/jigsaw.z
> ip:/usr/lib/jdk-1.1.6/classes.zip

Instead of /usr/local/share/kaffe, you probably mean
/usr/local/share/kaffe/Klasses.jar.  But you add a link to classes.zip
in /usr/local/share/kaffe, the kaffe wrapper script will automatically
add classes.zip to the CLASSPATH in the proper place, i.e., after
Klasses.jar.

> It's not ThreadDeath, and there's no exception handler.
>  This is something I cannot handle.

Kaffe 1.0.b3 is terribly broken, better get a newer snapshot.

Check out the CVS version from the last Thursday and you should get
better results.  And when I say Thursday, I really mean it; the
current CVS tree is broken for systems other than FreeBSD (and maybe
Linux), because of a recent optimization that should have been made
specifically for FreeBSD but ended up affecting all other OSs :-(

Hopefully Godmar or someone else will fix this soon.

--
Alexandre Oliva  http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva  aoliva@{acm.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}