sysdepCallMethod ??

Lee Dong Yul lomen at cselab.snu.ac.kr
Sun Jul 11 19:02:00 PDT 1999

Our Kaffe 1.0 beta 2 is working on MPC860 with Vxworks 5.3.1.

We make new sysdepCallMethod and operate kaffe in Interpreter mode. Not,
yet Jit mode.

It's so hard work. Because the GCC complier uses some specific registers
as
function call parameter - calling convention problem.

This work is specific to Vxworks setup and GCC complier we are using.

Modified source code is so dirty. --;;

As I know, sysdepCallMethod is need to call native methods in
kaffe/libraries/clib/ directories when Java bytecode execution, not only
compile kaffe in Jit mode.