Compiling Kaffe 1.0b4 on Win95/CYGWIN / make check fails

Pavel Roskin pavel_roskin at geocities.com
Mon Jul 12 04:27:21 PDT 1999

Hello!

>  It looks like your message may be incomplete (or my mailer eat it).
> In any event, that stuff should "just" work (the build at least).
> If cygwin/cygwin32 is a problem, we need to either fix config.sub and/or
> add entries to config.alias.
>
> If there's a libtool problem of whatever kind, Alexandre would like to
> hear about it.

If I remember correctly, the problem is that "make check" (or even
the "kaffe" script) assumes that ":" is used as separator in CLASSPATH.
It is ";" on Windows, even in Cygwin.

Using ":" and "/" on all platforms (that are able to compile Kaffe)
should fix the problem. Though I'm not sure that it's the best solution.

Pavel Roskin