Kaffe and Status

Pavel Roskin pavel_roskin at geocities.com
Thu Jul 15 06:04:35 PDT 1999

Hello!

> Jikes is not written in Java, so it will not work under KaffeOS.

KaffeOS ???

Where can I find more information about it?

Do you plan to have a command shell like bash?

I have some ideas how to implement it. I have written some code (jshell).
jshell can be run as an applet and as a standalone application. It can run
classes using main() (this method doesn't work in Netscape) and using the
constructor without arguments (which doesn't always exist)

My biggest achievment so far was running WidgetsDemo.class from jshell
loaded as applet in Netscape.

Pavel Roskin