kaffe interpreter on i386

yanling_wang at 263.net yanling_wang at 263.net
Fri Jul 16 09:10:55 PDT 1999

			Yanling Wang
			Dept. of Computer Science
			Tsinghua University
			Beijing, China 10084
			email:yanling_wang at 263.net

Hi, everybody,
  I tried to install kaffe on my machine(PentiumII 450 with Solaris
2.x as the operating system). The program runs well under the JIT
mode, but if I change it to interpreter mode it only works for
a few test programs. When I try to run an awt test program under the
interpreting mode, this error message will always prompt out:

%kaffe Calc
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java/awt/Toolkit.<clinit>(52)
        at java/awt/Color.setNativeValue(line unknown, pc 5)
        at java/awt/Color.<clinit>(38)
        at java/awt/Defaults.<clinit>(58)
        at java/awt/Window.<init>(32)
        at java/awt/Window.<clinit>(line unknown, pc 4)
%

  Similar things happen with other awt programs and several test programs
in the regression directory.

  I wonder if anybody saw this kind of problem and could
explain this to me. My guess is that something is wrong with "sysdepCallMethod" Macro defined in config/i386/common.h .
"sysdepCallMethod" is called in kaffe/kaffevm/support.c.

  Thank you very much in advance.

  My email address is yanling_wang at 263.net

Sincerely
Yours