Kaffe JIT for OSF Alpha

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Thu Jul 29 14:32:29 PDT 1999

On Jul 29, 1999, cohen at ebs330.eb.uah.edu (William E. Cohen) wrote:

> When I force the configuration script to build with the JIT there
> are a number of problem in the jit-alpha.def and the build is
> unsuccessful.

That's exactly the reason why config/alpha/osf/jit-md.h starts with:
/* Needs update, do not use */

> Has anyone built the JIT for Alphas running OSF recently?

Nope, it's been broken since the JIT2 revolution, that took place
before Kaffe 0.10.0, if my memory serves.

> Is anyone looking into this problem with the JIT not working for OSF
> on the Alphas?

It's been in my to-do list for months, but I don't think I'll be able
to put much effort into it any time soon.  :-(

Contributions are definitely welcome.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,guarana.{org,com}} aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}