AWT omissions

smurf at noris.de smurf at noris.de
Thu Jun 3 22:36:28 PDT 1999

>Submitter-Id:  kaffe-user
>Originator: 	Matthias Urlichs
>Organization:	noris network GmbH, Nürnberg, Germany
>Confidential:  no
>Synopsis:	show/hide and FG colors don't propagate
>Severity:	serious
>Priority:	medium
>Category:
>Class:		sw-bug
>Release:
>Environment:
	System: Linux play 2.3.3-noris-ac2 #5 SMP Tue May 25 13:50:39 MEST 1999 i686 unknown
	Architecture: i686
	Machine: Unknown
	Create a window with a panel, add a label to it.
	Set foreground color of panel to red. The label stays black.

	Hide the panel. The label stay visible.

	Create a TextEntry. Disable it. It still is editable.

>How-To-Repeat:
	I don't have example code, since I'm not really a Java programmer.
	I noticed this with a complex online-banking application which
	works correctly under IE and Netscape.