Java profiler for kaffe

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Tue Jun 8 06:11:59 PDT 1999

On Jun  8, 1999, Godmar Back <gback at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> For these, the obvious solution is to not jit them (a la hotspot) ---
> but we need the infrastructure for that in place!  Somebody (check the
> mailing list archives please) did this already, but like so many
> things it was either never released or never made it back into the
> distribution (I think the former).

Actually, the guy (whose name I also fail to recall) offered to post
the code, but, when I asked him to send it to me, so that I could make
it available in the Kaffe CVS tree or something, I never got a reply
back (but take this history with a grain of salt, my memory plays
tricks on me these days :-)

The code was i386-specific.  I don't know how hard it would be to port
it to other architectures.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
{oliva,Alexandre.Oliva}@dcc.unicamp.br  aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}