Why MS-extensions?

Maksim Lin maksim at swin.edu.au
Mon Jun 14 19:04:39 PDT 1999

Hi,

I would just like to ask why the Microsoft extensions are being added to
kaffe as going by previous posts to this list (ie. about kiev compiler
and also generic/template stuff) I got the impression that kaffe would
be sticking to only published java specs from Sun.

Now I please don't take this as flame-bait, I'm simpling hoping for a
reply outlining the reasons behind the change in policy.

thanks,
Maksim.

PS. I guess if everyones away at javaone it might be a while before an
actaully reads this :-)
--
Remember Darwin; building a better mousetrap merely results in smarter
mice.