Why MS-extensions?

Dirk Grunwald grunwald at pa.dec.com
Mon Jun 14 22:26:41 PDT 1999

--

At PLDI, Steve Lucco of Microsoft Research demonstrated a non-java JIT
running a version of Word. He said that the JIT can translate to

Reading

http://www.microsoft.com/PressPass/press/1999/Jun99/InnovationPR.htm

(particularly the portion about "Common Executable Format") may lead
you to believe that the Linux/Java community has more important things
to worry about than whether TVT has sold out the public Java effort
(which, frankly, I doubt).

Dirk Grunwald
visiting Compaq-WRL from Univ. of Colorado
and not speaking for either