Error compiling kaffe on Solaris 2.6

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Fri Jun 18 15:01:08 PDT 1999

On Jun 17, 1999, Archie Cobbs <archie at whistle.com> wrote:

> Samarjeet S Tomar writes:
>> I am getting the following error when trying to compile kaffe 1.0b4 on
>> Solaris 2.6 :
>>
>> InetAddressImpl.c:36: warning: implicit declaration of function `gethostname'

> It's pretty clear that some required include file is not being included.
> See if your man page for "gethostname" and/or "ntohl" specifies which
> include file(s) are needed, and try adding them to config.h.. also please
> report back what you find.

Since I've build Kaffe on Solaris 2.6 myself, I'm pretty sure this
must be caused by using a misconfigured version of gcc, say, one
installed on another version of Solaris, thus carrying fixed headers
that are incompatible with the ones in /usr/include.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
{oliva,Alexandre.Oliva}@dcc.unicamp.br  aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}