NO_SHARED_VMLIBRARY (was: Trampoline in m68k)

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Mon Mar 1 03:09:04 PST 1999

On Feb 28, 1999, Kiyo Inaba <inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp> wrote:

> In old (say, 1.0.b3) release, 'config/i386/trampolines.c' has two
> trampoline codes one for shared and the other one for static lib,
> and two codes are ifdefed based on the compile time def
> (NO_SHARED_VMLIBRARY).  But in newer (say 1999/2/27 snap) release,
> the code is modified not to use shared version.

And I must confess I didn't understand why two versions were needed,
since the first version would work for both static and shared
libraries.  In fact, I couldn't get the shared version to compile on
cygwin, so I disabled it inconditionally, and never had to enable it
again.

> Going back to the m68k/netbsd1.3.1 issue, when I made modification to
> 'config/m68k/trampolines.c' as the patch attached, the test script
> starts to work.

Can anyone think of any reason for not installing it?

> But when this test script fails for compiling, and the error is
> 	assertion "cc != 0" failed: file "../../../kaffe-snap/kaffe/kaffevm/support.c", line 169

> This assertion fail means lookupClass fail at some point. But the
> core file I get by this assertion fail is not accepted by gdb, and
> I can get backtrace of it...

What if you run Kaffe/pizza within gdb?

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}