Problems compiling on NetBSD/m68k

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Mon Mar 1 03:22:21 PST 1999

On Mar  1, 1999, Kiyo Inaba <inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp> wrote:

> 1. Cross compilation environment does not work.

In what sense?  You should just have to set variables such as CC, LD,
AR, NM and RANLIB when you run configure.

> In my personal opinion, it is ridiculous enough that libtool
> makes hidden 'KaffeS.c' even when I just say 'everything
> shall be compiled with static lib'.

libtool just creates in KaffeS.c what Kaffe used to create by itself
in order to be able to simulate dlopening.  KaffeS.c currently
contains more symbols than it might have to, but this is not a real
problem unless you care for small footprints like Godmar does, and
libtool is being improved so as to support this situation too.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}