Sun IPC, NetBSD 1.3.3 and no Kaffe...

Bjoern Weber bweb0999 at rz.uni-hildesheim.de
Sun Mar 7 06:02:55 PST 1999

Heyas,

I experienced some oddities with my old IPC (SUN4c) and NetBSD 1.3.3.
Using the standard gcc1.7.2myc... the make runs fine until I start any
classes. The first failure is that he can't stat the current directory
with getcwd() - giving me a coredump and concerns about
getcwd()-getwd()-__getdir2(). Working around that by disabling getcwd and
getwd the next stop in in setting up the finalizer class (I guess by
watching verbose output), NullPointerException. The gdb shows me that it
is a failing memmove in the stack-handling code. Sorry that can't give
exact locations from here, but in hope that things sound familiar for one
of you I just mention them here.

By the way, I'm using a recent snapshot and switching from dynamic to
static lib/vm does not change anything...

Regards,
	Bjoern Weber
--
|\_/|  Life is easy if you don't care about the future
|o o|  And it's easy to smile if you don't care about the truth
=| |=    -- Silke Bischoff, "On The Other Side"
  V    -- Bjoern Weber --