Running without JIT

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Sun Mar 7 23:50:21 PST 1999

> Hello all,
>
> Here's the simple question: How do I run java applications with JIT disabled?
>
> Do I have to re-compile Kaffe using option(?) which prevents the JIT being set
> as a default?

Unfortunately, yes.  Configure with "--with-engine=intrp" and build it again.
(i.e., ./configure --with-engine=intrp; etc.)

Having said that... unifying the two engines is still one the great projects
Kaffe's waiting for.  Somebody (Shental Kumir ? (sp?)) had at one point
announced progress, but we haven't heard anything since.

	- Godmar