m68k: getting there - slowly

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Sun Mar 14 04:57:52 PST 1999

On Mar 14, 1999, David Jones <dej at inode.org> wrote:

> Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> | Could anyone post a collection of all the patches for m68k so far?
> | I've been unable to figure out what should be installed in the CVS
> | tree and what should not, so I'd appreciate if someone (David?  Kiyo?)
> | could post a single patch with the current set of patches for m68k,
> | for immediate installation in the CVS tree.

> Well, you caught me at a very inconvenient time. :-)

Sorry.  When I said `immediate', I meant I'd install it without delay
after getting the patch, not that the patch should be posted
immediately.

> In 45 minutes, I'm leaving for the airport for a two-week vacation.

Have a nice trip!

> I posted a patch earlier (three weeks ago?) - check the archives.

In fact, I've still got the messages you've posted, but I can't figure
out what is right, what is experimental, and what should be just
discarded, so I thought I'd ask, since I don't have access to any such
platform to test.

> But at least one part of that patch is incorrect, and there is stuff
> that is still wrong.

Ok, so we can wait.  But I thought it would be nice to install at
least what is already known to be correct, so that others could build
upon what you've done, instead of reinventing the wheel.

> It's on my to-do list for when I get back, along with a zillion
> other things.

Yeah, I know the feeling :-)

Enjoy your vacation!

Cheers,