Kaffe 1.0.b3 with EGCS 1.1.1 on an Alpha?

Pavel Roskin pavel_roskin at geocities.com
Wed Mar 17 00:17:50 PST 1999

Hello!

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, James Cook wrote:

> Hi!
>
> When I attempt to build Kaffe 1.0.b3 on my alpha with EGCS 1.1.1, I get the following message:
>
> ./../gcc/caller-save.c:657: Internal compiler error in function insert_save_restore
>
> Any ideas how to get by this?  For what it's worth, I running a pretty recent install of RedHat Rawhide (glibc 2.1 based) so I am not sure what I need to do to fix things.  Thanks!

Please try EGCS-1.1.2, which has recently been released. This release
fixes many problems with EGCS-1.1.1. This is a release from the stable
branch, so it hopefully has no new bugs.

Look at
ftp://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/Mirrors/egcs.cygnus.com/pub/egcs/releases/1.1.2/

You may also want to try the latest CVS snapshot of Kaffe.

Pavel Roskin