[Kaffe] Illegal Instruction generated by kaffe JIT?

Moses DeJong dejong at cs.umn.edu
Mon Mar 29 23:35:30 PST 1999

On 29 Mar 1999, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Mar 29, 1999, Moses DeJong <dejong at cs.umn.edu> wrote:
>
> > findNat 0x200020
> > Cannot access memory at address 0x1c.
>
> > findNat 0x2b283c
> > tcl/lang/ArrayObject.dereferenceArrayDims;(Ltcl/lang/Interp;Ljava/lang/Object;ILtcl/lang/TclObject;
> > )Ljava/lang/Object;: 2b27f0 2b2f18
>
> > So it seems like the problem is in the JIT compiled version of the
> > tcl/lang/ArrayObject.dereferenceArrayDims() method. Here is the
> > implementation in Java.

I get this error every time I run the Jacl regression tests under Kaffe
on Solaris. If you are interested, you can download the Jacl package
and run the regression tests yourself (www.cs.umn.edu/~dejong/tcl/tcljava).
I am going to try to create a standalone Java program that reproduces
this error as that seems to be the only way to focus in on the problem.

later
mo