Kaffe Cannot run in SunOS5.7

John Pierce hawkfan at pyrotechnics.com
Wed May 5 15:47:00 PDT 1999

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, HE Dan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have tested Kaffe-1.0b2 in SunOS5.7(64bit OS). Any java programms are
> not able to run . All report "segmentation fault--Core Dump". I use
> gcc2.8.1 to compile kaffe. I don't know there is 64bits gcc version for
> SunOS5.7?   Can kaffe-1.0b4 run in sunOS5.7?

SunOS islander 5.7 Generic_106541-02 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

I don't know about 1.0b4 but the current CVS tree builds and runs with a
minor libtool fix.  I was unable to get it to pass the test suite with
any level of optimization enabled w/gcc 2.8.1 or egcs-1.1.2.  W/o -O
everything seems to work fine.

AFAIK there are no free 64bit compilers for Solaris on the UltraSPARC.  I
believe there is support for 64bit code generation with egcs in Linux on
UltraSPARC's but I could be mistaken.  IIRC Dave Miller is working on
getting egcs to generate 64bit code for Solaris.

If anyone's interested in figuring out where the bug is with optimization
I'd be more than willing to test.  If you need the failing test results
mail me.

John..

--
John Pierce              | Finger for PGP key or see:
hawkfan at pyrotechnics.com | http://www.pyrotechnics.com/~hawkfan/