diffs for time and debugging

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Mon May 17 04:40:32 PDT 1999

On May 13, 1999, Patrick Tullmann <tullmann at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> 	* configure.in: be verbose about static/shared libraries,

Even though Archie has already installed this patch, I'm inclined to
revert it, because it will report incorrect information on platforms
that do not support shared libraries.  ltconfig already reports
whether shared or static libraries are going to be created, and then,
it can be 100% positive, which your test cannot.  Would you mind if I
reverted it?

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
{oliva,Alexandre.Oliva}@dcc.unicamp.br  aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}