sysdepCallMethod on 'arm'

Prashanth K.S. prashanth at teil.soft.net
Tue May 25 23:40:21 PDT 1999

Hi,

> It did when I tried it a year ago or so when I did the arm port.

  Yes, it still works and the code is correct (my apologies...)
 TestNative works perfectly....
 Actually, i wrote an assembly version of it which was not working.
 and as expected problem was with my code...

> Yes, it could be optimized.  But keep in mind that if
> callsize[i] == 2, then args[i+1] does not contain any meaningful data.
> So in your example, only the final assignment to r1 is meaningful.
>
> (Please read also the comment in support.h)

   yep, i had read the comment in support.h and taken care of all these in
my assembly code...
   The problem was that i was passing the low and high part of the double
sized arguments (jlong, jdouble) in the opposite order...

   "TestNative.java" is really very very useful to test sysdepCallMethod!!

sorry once again...

thanks,
prashanth