jthread deadlock again

Ted Stockwell TWS at RIMS.com
Wed May 26 12:22:16 PDT 1999

Hi,

I'm trying to get my multi-threaded server application (a servlet engine) up
and running with Kaffe on BSDI BSD 2.1. Besides being multi-threaded the
socket connections are multiplexed, so I'm making use of a lot of threads.
My application periodically freezes up while doing socket IO.  I believe I
am running into the "jthread deadlock" problem described in
http://rufus.w3.org/tools/Kaffe/messages/4906.html and
http://rufus.w3.org/tools/Kaffe/messages/4914.html.  This application runs
fine with the Sun JDK on Windows and RH Linux.

I'm wondering if anybody has done any work on this problem, can tell me
anything more about it, or has a patch that I could try out.

thanks,
-ted stockwell