Newbie question

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Thu May 27 14:35:36 PDT 1999

On May 27, 1999, Gunnar Stahl <gunnar.stahl at intersystem.net> wrote:

> Today I've downloaded and installed the kaffe 1.0b4 on my machine.
> During installation I've run the "make check" tests and thist told me
> that everything is ok.

Not really.  The testsuite is quite limited; it doesn't test anything
of AWT, for example.

> Then I tried to run the IDE I`m working with for a year now (netbeans
> developer 2.1.1, completely written in java using jdk1.1 and jfc1.1).
> When I start it after a few seconds I get the error
> "java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError [exception was
> java.lang.NullPointerException]".

You may want to try a CVS snapshot; several bugs have been fixed since
release 1.0.b4

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
{oliva,Alexandre.Oliva}@dcc.unicamp.br  aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}