native and internal threads

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Wed Nov 24 12:18:13 PST 1999

I've put some information regarding porting here:

http://www.kaffe.org/porting.html
reachable through www.kaffe.org

Regarding sysdepCallmethod for PPC:
Kevin Hendricks suggested investigating the use of libffi; if somebody
wants to try that, that would be useful.  My reservations regarding
libffi are that it would create a dependency on another (possibly
moving) codebase for no clear payoff.  We're already suffering from
our libtool dependency.  However, having libffi as a fallback certainly
beats not having a sysdepCallMethod at all.
Also, while looking at some libffi clients (specifically the gij interpreter,
I've started wondering whether libffi code may actually be more efficient
than the current way of doing things in callMethod, even after Alexandre's
signature preparsing.  I'm not sure though.

	- Godmar