[Kaffe] Compile error from CVS

Moses DeJong dejong at cs.umn.edu
Fri Oct 15 01:32:49 PDT 1999

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Archie Cobbs wrote:

> Moses DeJong writes:
> > inside /usr/include/stdlib.h:154
> > extern void swab(const char *, char *, int);
> >
> > But inside toolkit.h it is defined like this.
> >
> > mo(~)% grep swab neon/kaffe/libraries/clib/awt/X/toolkit.h
> > extern void swab(const void *from, void *to, size_t n);
>
> It's a bug.. kaffe should have a configure test for this.
> For now you can just comment out the declaraion in toolkit.h.

I commented out that function header and tried to compile again, with no luck.

make[3]: Leaving directory `/project/neon/users/mo/kaffe/build/libraries/extensi
ons/microsoft'
Making all in rmi
make[3]: Entering directory `/project/neon/users/mo/kaffe/build/libraries/extens
ions/rmi'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/project/neon/users/mo/kaffe/build/libraries/extensi
ons/rmi'

The Mafefile in the build/libraries/extensions/rmi directory is empty!

The strange part is that I do not even see a rmi directory in the
source tree.

mo(/project/neon/users/mo/kaffe/build)% ls ../libraries/extensions/
CVS          Makefile.in  microsoft    servlet
Makefile.am  comm         pjava        tools

Is this a case of an extension that was moved but the configure.in file
was not updated?

thanks
mo dejong