General question

Alexandre Oliva oliva at lsd.ic.unicamp.br
Tue Apr 11 19:05:33 PDT 2000

On Apr 11, 2000, Archie Cobbs <archie at whistle.com> wrote:

> Julien Dumesnil writes:
>> Is it more advanced than the GPL version? Or is it a stable, thus older,
>> version of the opensourced  version we all have?

> No, it's a clean room implementation.

>> The bottom line being "are they completely different products?".

> Yes.

I don't think they're that different, but then, I've never looked at
the Custom Edition code.  It must not be that difference, since Tim
imports (part of?) the Custom code into the open version every now and
then.

--
Alexandre Oliva    Enjoy Guaraná, see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com