[kaffe] Klasses.jar compilation problems

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 08:00:04 PDT 2000

Hi,

I think I've found the reason why latest kaffe from CVS won't let me
recompile my classes anymore. Although all regression tests work just
fine, when I try to make Klasses with kjc 1.4F-egp1, I get:

Could not initialize Kaffe.
Your Klasses.jar version is 1.06, but this VM was compiled with version 1.05

The current effective classpath is `.:/home/javauser/Projects/Workbench/kaffe/libraries/javalib/Klasses.jar:/home/javauser/Projects/Workbench/kaffe/libraries/javalib/kjc.jar'

make[1]: *** [lib/stamp] Error 255
make: *** [Klasses] Error 2

That's irritating, since kaffe/libraries/java/lang/Cloneable.java sets
KAFFE_VERSION to 106. Unfortunately, when generating the includes,
kaffeh sets KAFFE_VERSION to 105. Since Cloneable.java is younger than
Klasses.jar, I assume that recompiling Klasses.jar should do the trick.

Bye,

Dalibor Topic